There are quite a lot of causes that can provoke tachycardia, they include:
- Cardiovascular diseases. Very often tachycardia results from such conditions as atherosclerosis, hypertension, ischemia, infarctions, myocarditis, endocarditis, cardiosclerosis, valvular diseases, arrhythmias, cardiac insufficiency, malformations of cardiac conduction system;
- Endocrine diseases. Disorders in the functioning of the endocrine system (diabetes, climacteric syndrome, pheochromocytoma, kidney and adrenal glands pathologies), and particularly thyroid gland, quite often induce severe tachycardia;
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases. Various infectious diseases, particularly those that provoke fever (pneumonia, quinsy, sepsis, and focal infections), are also among the causes of tachycardia. This is due to the general malfunctioning of cardiovascular and other body systems resulted from the disease. Every additional 1 °C of body temperature increases the heart rate by 8-9 bpm;
- Vegetative nervous system disorders – they include affective psychoses, neuro-circulatory dystonia, neuroses. Young people with labile nervous system may suffer from tachycardia;
- Change in the electrolytic composition of blood, which is lack of such elements as calcium, potassium and magnesium, may cause tachycardia. Such change in blood composition can be caused by the long-term administration of sedative, hormonal and diuretic drugs;
- Substances like nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, and certain drugs (e.g. Adrenaline, noradrenaline, atropine and aminophylline);
- Emotional shocks or severe stresses, neuroticism.
Next Chapter: Symptoms of Tachycardia
A mini-stroke is a temporary disruption in blood flow to the brain, spinal cord or retina that doesn ...
Blood is a body fluid composed of cells, proteins and substances that aid clotting. As with other th ...
Every 34 seconds someone has a cardiovascular event, and every minute 1 American dies of one. Every ...
Hyperlipidemia, or abnormal high levels of cholesterol in the blood, is a common problem, which can ...