Rest Angina Tests and Diagnosis
The following tests help diagnose Angina:
- Electrocardiogram is used to determine the critical narrowing of the coronary artery, detect cardiac conduction disorders and arrhythmias, and find signs of post infarction Cardiosclerosis;
- Holter monitoring is performed during the day and usually it is more informative than an ECG procedure;
- Cardiac ultrasound is used to evaluate myocardial contractility and detect any associated cardiac pathology;
- A biochemical blood test is required to check blood coagulation and determine the levels of:
- Total cholesterol;
- High and low density lipoproteins;
- Coronary angiography is used to evaluate the localization and severity of Atherosclerosis as well as an Atherosclerotic lesion site, register spasm and arterial thrombosis and also detect left ventricular dysfunction.
Next chapter: Treatment and prevention
Heart disease and depression are both very serious and common conditions. They affect millions of pe ...
Mountains have always been associated with the idea of strength, beauty and magnificence. Many ...
Everyone knows how good morning exercises are for our body and health, but we know very little about ...
Sex is an important part of most couple’s relationship and life. Therefore, it is not surprising t ...